Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Trails?

Dear Cliteratians, I am preparing to depart for a month-long road trip. I've studied the maps, swallowed my guilt about the carbon emissions, and even packed the car (characteristically haphazardly).

So, I'm curious - what are your tips for safe travel? Yeah, yeah, I won't walk alone down a dark alley peopled by vampires and other shady spirits in the middle of the night...that's not what I meant. I mean, what do you do to keep yourself feeling safe, comfortable, and happy? Even at it's best, travel can be stressful and usually necessitates changes to how we eat and to exercise routines if you have one. So how do you keep an even keel, feel your best and get the most out of it? Is there a particular part of your routine you like to stick with? A gadget you just can't live without? Are there places you tend to avoid, or places you "tone down" a bit? (I can remember more than once regretting some pretty, shall we say, unabashed bumper stickers on camping trips to rural areas.) How do you find the queer communities in places you visit? Let us know in the comments!

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

GPS may come in handy. If you have a fancy cell phone than perhaps you can get an app GPS. The plain GPS's are quite expensive.

Other than that I don't really plan trips out much, because when I go with people at least one person doesn't want to do what's on the agenda, so I go with the flow where I can.

PhDAndie said...

Bring a dental dam. You never know who you'll meet. ;)

Juz said...

Hello Clitterations. I just love saying it.
Cool Blog.
Regards from Cape Town,
Juz

http://juztick.blogspot.com

Ginger Beer said...

thanks for the advice folks!!! The "GPS" (i.e. my partner's iphone) has indeed been very helpful when we actually get a signal:)