Monday, December 22, 2008

STDs and the Toilet Seat

Did the older women in your life teach you about the importance of covering the toilet seat when you pee?

Well, after years of education from all of the older women in my life around incredible importance of covering the toilet seat (for fear of invasion of the body snatchers or some form of unnamed cooties!), I came to wonder what exactly can I get from the toilet seat I have been taught to fear.

Well, chatting with some of the resident experts at Howard Brown who deal with HIV and other assorted and fascinating STD's, I have come to learn that no STDs can be transmitted via the toilet seat. Ahhh, sweet relief.

So, what did us buxom booties have to fear? Apparently, things more along the lines of the common cold, MRSA and hepatitis B. Who knew!

0 Comments: